CLICK IMAGES to see if they enlarge. Some DO. Some DON'T.

These are the sectors of Tad's brain:
TadCreations.com * bit.ly/LunarPhotos * NudeCreations.com * JTK.CA * NudistPoet.com * bit.ly/NakedMars

Posts (below) may shuffle; ignore posting dates.

2018-12-03

CN Tower, please return to these ORIGINAL POD NAMES.

For me, CN Tower / La Tour CN is my favourite and most infuriating #MandelaEffect. I was growing up and the CN Tower was building upward in the mid-1970's. I was obsessed, knew all its statistics and have travelled up it eleven times. And every one of those times, the biggest pod was called the Sky Pod and the higher smaller pod was called the Space Deck! Then sometime in the late 1980's or in the 1990's, mysteriously, the Space Deck became SkyPod, and what I always knew as Sky Pod became . . . well . . . NOTHING . . . or, sometimes Main Pod, Tower Sphere, or LookOut. I'm a CN Towerholic and always have been, but I always feel joy and fury simultaneously when looking at it and having to do a double-take. My inner child says, Sky Pod. The CN Tower says nothing. My inner child says, Space Deck, and the CN Tower says, Space What? This is SkyPod. And I say, "LIARS!" To prove my point that the large one is Sky Pod and the smaller higher one is Space Deck, attached is a scan of my own piece of 1985 CN Tower memorabilia! Plus, it makes the most sense for the lower pod to be SkyPod and the higher pod to be SpaceDeck, since Space is higher than Sky. -- Jonathan Tad Ketchen (SpaceDeck Space Cadet)


One of the times I was visting Hanlan's Point Nude Beach on Toronto Island, I took this photo on the Ferry ride between the island and the city. I found the size perspective between the boat's short little post in the foreground and the humongous CN Tower in the background to be a fascinating visual flip. Perspective needs to be considered whenever we look at something. Huge and small are a matter of perspective, and perspective can be deceiving as in this image.

© JTK.CA

No comments: